About Our Business
Diesel Care is an industry leader in Diesel Fuel Injection, Diesel Engine Fault Diagnosis, Diesel Performance, Dyno Tuning and Diesel Engine Protection Equipment. Diesel Care has branches in QLD and Tamworth, NSW.
About The Role
We have an exciting leadership opportunity in our Tamworth Branch for a Workshop Service Manager. We are looking for a candidate that has experience in leadership and management in the Automotive, Truck or Agricultural industries. You must enjoy being hands on and share our value in providing excellence.
The role will be at the Tamworth branch on a full time basis, Monday to Friday with a minimum 40 hours worked. The successful applicant will be employed on a fixed 12 month contract, with scope to extend.
The position requires the ability to efficiently perform the following:
- As the first point of access for customers, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with both new and existing customers to further grow the business and ensure the overall day to day running of the branch is successful.
- Manage staff in the Tamworth Branch, supervising workshop and pumproom staff to ensure workflow within the branch. Training of fellow staff and overseeing practices of tradesman and apprentice staff members. Co-operate and work as a team member with management and fellow employees.
- Provide accurate, factual information and technical support for products and services Diesel Care Australia offers to our customers
- Be familiar with repair, diagnosis, service of diesel engines and associated electronic management systems, fuel injection systems equipment, turbocharger systems and ancillary equipment.
- Administrative duties including point of sale transactions, job card maintenance, recording and translating job details.
Trade qualifications are highly recommended and advantageous to assist with diagnosing faults.
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Experience in a management position within a workshop environment is desirable.
- Proven ability to build relationships with customers, fellow work colleagues and management.
- Strong leadership skills including outstanding communication (verbal and written) and motivational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and negotiations skills.
- Strong computer skills preferably in stock management and point of sale
- High organisational skills – ability to evaluate and assess operations and respond to changing needs with attention to detail.Computer operation and relevant programs in order to source technical information, parts, debtors or supplier information
- Procurement of goods and receiving of goods into inventory, maintenance of the stock shelves, and coordination of stock take.
- Be familiar with the operation of workshop test equipment.
- Source, read and be familiar with service bulletins and technical information.
- Ensure safe work practices in the workplace as per WH&S, Policy and Procedure Manuals. Conduct monthly toolbox meetings and report to management.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated in accordance with experience. Interviews will commence immediately.
If this sounds like the role for you, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]