If you have an additional fuel filter it is important to check the filter cartridge for contamination and change if necessary.
This video will show you how to inspect and change a fuel filter.
1. CHECK FILTER FOR CONTAMINATION
– To check the filter for contamination, look at the water collection bowl near the bottom of the filter, the bowl should be filled with clean diesel, if there are signs of water, drain this water through the filter drain valve at the bottom of the bowl
– CHANGING THE FILTER
– To change the filter, twist the filter retaining ring at the top of the filter 90° anti clock wise and lower the ring. Pull filter directly down until the filter is removed from the filter head
– Drain fuel from the filter and unscrew bowl from the bottom of the old filter
– Remove new filter from packaging, unscrew the drain from the new filter, then screw bowl onto the new filter
– Fit the new filter to the filter head; align the filter logo with the bleed screw on the filter head. Push filter directly upwards. Refit filter retaining ring and twist 90° clockwise
– Bleed fuel system then start and run engine